Monday, March 17, 2008

Toy Box


Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm not really sure why we celebrate this holiday? And by "we", I mean Americans, in general, not me specifically. I guess it's fun for small children who still love Leprechauns and dressing like little shamrocks and people that like to drink lots of Old World beer, but other than that, what are we supposed to do today?

Anyway, things are a little better on the Evan sleep front. I had sort of a "Come to Jesus" talk with Scott about getting on the program and not interfering with Evan's nighttime routine.


On a more fun note, I've been wanting to get Evan a toy box but couldn't find what I wanted that was also the price I was willing to pay. I finally decided to get an inexpensive plain white toy box that I had to put together myself. The process went very well because I actually took the time to read and follow the directions exactly.







After that, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some paint, stencils, big letters to spell Evan's name and a few little wooden decorations like birds, a sun, a star, a turtle, ladybug, lizard, dragon flies and frogs. I painted the letters and glued them on top with the little turtle, then glued on the other little creatures and stenciled on some leaves, flowers and more dragon flies.

I think it's pretty cute and a lot less expensive than some of the boxes I was looking at. Plus, it's made especially for Evan!


The other night I was sitting with Scott and Evan and it occurred to me that they had the same expression on their faces, so I grabbed my camera and tried to catch a photo of it. Sometimes they look so much alike. Evan is growing up fast. He's talking more, too. He says "hi" and "bye", "hot" (which doesn't really mean "hot" but more "warm"), "no" (of course), "cow" (his first word), and his favorite word after "no" is "CHOO- CHOO" ( meaning the train). It is so cute. Oh, he also picked up one of my sayings. Whenever something is mildly surprising he says "Oh wow", just like me:)

4 comments:

cmrpaul said...

The toybox is soooooooo cute!!! You did a fantastic job!

Jeni Q said...

Yes, props to your mad artsy crafty skills!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

WHERE did you get this toy box?! I am desperately searching for one and need something ASAP. I LOVE THIS! Also, how much was it?